Accounting is no longer an exception in a world where everyone is investing in technology. QuickBooks, with its various advanced features, has made accounting simple. However, with such advancements come technical issues. Error 1904 QuickBooks is one such error that occurs when the system becomes unstable and the vital files go missing. Such errors will persist if you don’t provide proper maintenance to your system. Another cause for such an error could be a damaged network connection with the host system. In this article, we will look at the causes of error 1904 QuickBooks along with the possible solutions to resolve it.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1904
Error 1904 QuickBooks can be triggered due to various reasons. As a result, knowing all of the causes is essential because it will aid you in easy troubleshooting.
This error can be shown in the following format as given below:
“Error 1904: [File Path / Name / Extension] Failed to Register”
● The error 1904 QuickBooks module flash OCX failed to register, as a result of internal software damage and a lack of system maintenance.
● Another reason can be missing or damaged Microsoft components such as MSMXL, Microsoft c++, and the Microsoft .net framework.
● The windows or QuickBooks desktop has not been updated to the most recent version.
● When you have a faulty windows installer, you will receive Error 1904 QuickBooks.
● You might encounter several issues with the hard drive of the system.
Solutions for Resolving QuickBooks Error 1904
To troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1904, perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
If you wish to install the QuickBooks diagnostic tool, you must first install the QuickBooks tool hub. For a better experience, it is recommended to use tool hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
● At first, close all the QuickBooks applications.
● Then download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub from intuit official website.
● Open the downloaded file quickbookstoolhub.exe and follow the on-screen instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
● Once the installation process is complete, navigate to the QuickBooks tool hub from the search bar.
● Click on “installation issues” then select and run the QuickBooks installation diagnostics tool and run this tool. it will take some time of about 20-25 minutes after that you have to restart your computer.
● Before restarting, you have to wait until the process finishes.
Solution 2: Correct Windows Components
If, after running the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, you discover that the error 1904 QuickBooks persists, you must manually repair windows components.
You can complete the manual repair of windows components by following the procedures outlined below:
● Re-install the ms .net framework.
● Next, carry out the task of repairing MSXML after you have repaired the Microsoft components, you must check the status of the error 1904 before installing and operating QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Change User’s Permission from Security Settings
To alter the settings, you have to switch to the windows administrator account. You can go ahead with the steps outlined below and fix error 1904 QuickBooks:
- Switch to Your Windows Administrator Account
● To begin, the user needs to click on ‘start’ and type ‘cmd’ in the search field.
● It will enable the command prompt option on the screen, right-click on the icon and choose “Run as administrator”
● Enter “net user administrator/ active: yes in the command window. you must close it immediately after completing the full process.
● Further, you need to open the windows start menu and select “sign out”
● Then, select the administrator account and sign in.
● Now, you don’t need to enter any login credentials.
- Steps to Change Your User Permission
● To proceed, type “file explorer” in the search bar of the start menu.
● When “file explorer” opens, look for c:\ program files\common files,
● Right-click the “common files” folder and choose “properties.”
● Select “edit” from the security tab.
● Furthermore, users must be chosen from the “group or user names” section.
● You must enable the following permissions in the “permissions for users” section: modify, read & execute, list folder contents, read, write.
● Lastly, click “apply” and then press the “ok” button to save the changes you’ve made. after that, you must reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Repair a Current QuickBooks Installation
Even after performing the above steps, if error 1904 still occurs, then you must attempt to repair an existing installation.
● At first, close the QuickBooks application
● Then, go to the “control panel” and select “programs.”
● Now, select the “program and features” option
● Now, click on uninstall on QB
● Further, press on ‘next’ button.
● To repair the data, select the radio button on the screen.
● Moving on, click on “next” and then select the repair option.
● When you have completed the task, click on the ‘finish’ button.
Solution 5: Fix a Current QuickBooks Establishment
● Before you begin, ensure all the QuickBooks applications are closed.
● You must now select the required projects and offices.
● After that choose QuickBooks and click on uninstall.
● In the QuickBooks establishment window, press on the “next” button
● At the moment, you must select the radio to catch close to resolving the issue.
● Click on next, followed by the “repair” option
● Lastly, press the “finish” button.
Condition 1: If You Have Bitdefender
While installing QuickBooks on a computer with BitDefender, you should add the c:\program files\ common files for 32-bit devices or c:\program files\ intuit (c:\programfiles(x86)\Intuit (for 64-bit machines) to the BitDefender exclusion list. this issue will not be
resolved by turning off or disabling BitDefender.
Condition 2: If the Error Arises While Adobe Flash Player Installation.
● Install the QuickBooks install the diagnostic tool on your system.
● Uninstall the adobe install player.
- To open the “run” window, press “Windows + r” on the keyboard at the same time.
- Enter the “control panel” and press the “ok” button.
- Select the “uninstall a program” option.
- Select “adobe flash player ActiveX.”
- Select the “uninstall” option.
- To finish the process, simply follow the instructions.
● Install adobe flash player from their official website.
Condition 3: If the Error References Qbversiontool.dll
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
● Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool after downloading it.
● Restart the computer and reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Check Permission and Use a Hidden Administrator Account
To verify the permissions, create a notepad file and save it to the installation directory:
● Open the “run” window by pressing “Windows + r” on the keyboard simultaneously.
● Type in the “notepad” and press the “ok” button.
● In the notepad file, enter “QBtest.”
● Click the “save as” icon from the “file” menu.
● Save it to the installation directory:
- 32-Bit C:\ Program Files\common Files
- 64-Bit C;\program Files (X86)\ Common Files
● If you are only using QB database manager, the solutions provided will not work and you will need to install the actual EXE.
● When the installation is not done as administrator, the problem most commonly occurs in Microsoft windows.
● Make sure that EXE is installed on the server before installing AVALARA avatax.
● The problem can also occur if you attempt to install the connector on a server that does not have QB EXE installed.
● After clicking ok on the error, the installation should state that it was successful.
● Navigate to the avatax configuration page (file > avatax > configuration).
● Run QuickBooks as administrator.
We did our best to provide all of the available solutions for error 1904 QuickBooks. However, we believe that by following the remedies outlined in this guide, you will be able to resolve this error without difficulty. If you continue to have problems, you can contact the technical team.